Sustainable Happiness Comes to Campus | UM Alumni Association
The World Happiness Summit 2018, will be officially hosted by University of Miami at the Shalala Student Center March 16-18, 2018. The theme of this year’s event will be SUSTAINABLE Happiness: Developing Balanced Personal, Interpersonal, Career & Environmental Ecosystems.
The World Happiness Summit is a 3-day experiential event developed by alumna Karen Guggenheim, A.B. ’93, M.A. ’03, featuring yoga, meditation, live musical entertainment, break away sessions and keynote speeches from top experts in positive psychology, government, sustainability, economics, mindfulness, technology, business and media.
Last year over 1,250 people united from over 30 countries and 40 U.S. states for the first summit to discuss, engage and explore happiness within a holistic format, and enhance the well-being of individuals, communities, corporations and society at large.
University of Miami professor Dr. Blaine Fowers, Professor of Educational and Psychological Studies, will speak on "The Reality and Impact of Virtues for a Flourishing Life" and Dr. Isaac Prilleltensky, Vice Provost for Institutional Culture & Dean of the School of Education and Human Development, University of Miami will present on "Mattering, Happiness & Well-being."
Learn about the practical implementations of the science of happiness and become part of an emerging global movement of positive disruption towards a happier and sustainable world.
The World Happiness Summit is the first and only conference about happiness that is officially hosted by a major academic institution in the United States.
UM alumni can use the code UMHAPPY to receive 15% off admission. Get tickets now!
- Live musical entertainment & poetry
- Daily meditation & yoga classes
- Acroyoga & conscious dance
- Keynote speeches from top positive psychologist & happiness researchers
- Breakout sessions for customizable Summit experience
- Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, renowned expert in Positive Psychology who taught the most popular course at Harvard University
- Mo Gawdat, Chief Business Officer, Google (X) & Author “Solve For Happy: Engineer Your Path To Joy”
- Dr. James Pawelski, Director of Education and Senior Scholar in the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania
- Stefan Sagmeister, internationally acclaimed graphic designer, two-time Grammy Award winner, filmmaker of The Happy Film
- Lord Richard Layard, Programme Director – Wellbeing, Centre for Economic Performance, London
School of Economics, Co-Editor of The World Happiness Report
- Ismael Cala, Motivational Speaker and former CNN en Español Host
- Dr. Baime, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine & founder and Director of the Penn Program for Mindfulness
- Dr. Mark Williamson, Director, Action for Happiness
- Howard Martin, Executive Vice President, Heart Math
Click here for a full list of speakers.